When we search for “web designer” in google search, you’ll get two types of results. One is organic results appear in the middle of the page and another is PPC Ads listings appear alongside, and above the non-paid organic search results. If visitor click on PPC listing ad and arrive to your website on a page you’ve selected. Then you have to pay the search engine a small fee no more than what you bid. You bid the maximum amount you’re willing to pay for a click on your ad. Each search engines have their own ads service like Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ads…
Benefits of PPC
- Speed-to-market: Pay Per Click advertising is a great way to get visitors when you need traffic and you need it now. When you PPC you get immediate result. PPC allows your business ad to be at the top of the search results page. Even above the organic results.
- No click, no charge: Signing up for advertising campaign is free. You only pay when someone clicks your ad to visit your website, or calls you.
- Start with any budget: You set your own budget, so your costs will depend on what you are trying to accomplish with your advertising. Some businesses spend thousands of rupees a month, and others are comfortable investing several hundred.
- Control on target audience: You have full control on who to show. Your ads to base on your target audience search keyword, location, gender, age, interests, language, and even the type of device used.
- It’s trackable: You can monitor performance of your ads and adjust them if you’re if you don’t get targeted result.
- Multiple add: You can run multiple add campaign, so you can track which ads are actually driving sales or business and which aren’t.
Pricing of PPC
As mentioned above that SEO traffic is free and PPC is paid. So every time your ad is clicked, sending a visitor to your website or calls to your business, you have to pay the search engine a small fee. When PPC is working correctly, the fee is trivial, because the visit is worth more than what you pay for it. In other words, if we pay $3 for a click, but the click results in a $300 sale, then we’ve made a hefty profit.